top of page
Geschichte

Our history

A company with a long tradition

1923

1930

Ernst Reusser founded a repair business at today’s location on Frauenfelderstrasse in Oberwinterthur in 1923. Originally, the workshop mainly serviced tractors and agricultural vehicles and equipment. 

1925.jpg

Garage Reusser in 1930

1930

1950

It was only in the 1930s that motor vehicles began to be serviced and repaired. In 1939 the area was expanded to accommodate a Shell petrol station. A partnership began with this oil company lasting 71 years.  

1930.jpg

The first-generation Ernst Reusser (2nd from left) repairs a vehicle while his younger son Ernst (far left), the father of today’s owner, observes with interest.

1950

1970

At the end of the war Ernst Reusser, the second generation, inherited his father’s business and took over the small repair workshop following the death of his father in 1954. A few years later he began planning and constructing a spacious new annexe with several residential units and a body and paint shop housed in the basement.

1950.jpg

Garage Reusser Oberwinterthur, in the 60s

1970

1985

Ernst Reusser, the third generation, joined the team in 1975. A few small changes were undertaken until late into the 1980s.  

1988

In 1988 the business was passed down to Ernst Reusser, who transformed it into Garage Reusser AG. Along with various structural alterations, the number of employees and sales increased steadily.    

1988.jpg

Garage Reusser Oberwinterthur, 1995

2000

Matthias Reusser heralded the beginning of the fourth generation in 2000. 

It was during this period that the first major renovation and extension work was undertaken. The exhibition space was further expanded and the workshop facilities were adapted to meet the steadily increasing demands. The workshop premises were expanded a few years later.  

2000.jpg

Garage Reusser Oberwinterthur, 1999

2007

In autumn 2007 an additional showroom along with a salesroom was rented on Tösstalstrasse 235 in Seen to improve presentation and the support provided for the expanding fleet of used vehicles. This was when Matthias Reusser finally took over responsibility for vehicle sales from his predecessor.

2007.jpg

Garage Reusser Oberwinterthur, 2007

2008

In 2008 the planned takeover of the VW dealership in Seuzach took effect. Its owner of many years, Mr Franz Rumpf, relinquished control over the enterprise on 31 December 2008 and his business was integrated into Garage Reusser AG. A well-coordinated team was inherited along with the dealership, thus securing the desired goal of nurturing close customer relationships.

​The volume of new and used vehicles now sold has also increased markedly. The used vehicle fleet currently stands at over 100 vehicles. It is composed of many different price categories, makes and models. Customer preferences have moved somewhat towards more upmarket vehicle segments. 

The extensive support and network in the region of Winterthur helps the team at Garage Reusser AG execute repair orders in a way that is customer-focused, competent and diligent. Well-trained employees with many years of experience provide customers with the service they need.

2008.jpg

Garage Reusser Seuzach

2011

Negotiations began in 2011 with Mr Hans von Allmen regarding the takeover of his VW dealership on Hinterdorfstrasse 23 in Seen.

2011.jpg

center garage lakes

2012

They culminated in an agreement and on 1 July 2012 the Zentrum Garage Seen was incorporated into Garage Reusser AG. 

2012.jpg

Garage Reusser Oberwinterthur, 2012

2017

The takeover of Garage Schwarz AG (Opel dealership) in Hettlingen and incorporation into Garage Reusser AG.  

At the same time the showroom and the service reception area were rebuilt and redesigned.

2017.jpg

Garage Reusser Hettlingen, 2017

bottom of page